Outlook E-Mail-Manager 2.5 for Alfresco
Your Outlook – now even more effective! The Outlook E-Mail Manager 2.5 is now available! Get your trial now!
Perfectly integrated – use Alfresco directly within your Outlook client
The structured and automated storage of e-mails and their quick and easy search ability is a key requirement for modern IT management. With intelligent e-mail managers you can save valuable time as well as high costs. Simulataneously, it also gives you direct access to all e-mails, which also include a high proportion the company’s entire knowledge base.
Overview features of the Outlook E-Mail-Manager 2.5 for Alfresco:
- Drag & Drop within Outlook – by applying the drag-and-drop method e-mails can easily be transferred into the Alfresco folder structure
- NEW! Duplicate Check during archiving – based on the ID the plugin checks if the mail is already in the Alfresco repository
- NEW! Integration of Alfresco-Workflows – the workflow tab in the Alfresco Explorer enables access to the Alfresco Workflow anytime
- NEW! Visualization of stored emails – an Alfresco icon on the Mail shows that the mail is already stored in Alfresco
- Direct navigation to the web-application – switch to the configurable web-application (Alfresco Share / Alfresco Explorer) details dialog directly out of every document or directory within Outlook
- Configurable search mask – possible to search for properties from custom Alfresco model
- Tagging and full text indexation ensure fast find ability of emails and attachments
- NEW! Display of stored email details via the context menu in Outlook – independently of the archiving settings all email details can be displayed directly via the context menu in Outlook
- Advanced functionality! Define principles of your mail repository individually for all mails – different ways to store your emails in Alfresco (export as EML / attachments as separate file / stubbing: archive as link)
- Advanced functionality! Context menu with DMS-features – use numerously DMS-features like open, rename, delete, copy, download, etc. directly within Outlook
- Advanced functionality! Drag & Drop to Windows applications – paste a picture, a Word document, an Excel sheet out of Alfresco directly into PowerPoint? No problem! With the drag & drop functionality you can put numerous contents directly into Windows applications like Office, Explorer, etc.
- Attachments as links – ability to include contents from Alfresco as link or HTTP-reference into new emails
- NEW! Optimized for Scalability – Performance and traffic optimizations can be set individually via the Admin Console in Alfresco
- Simple Search (FTS) – search your complete Alfresco repository directly from Outlook
- Sharepoint-Integration – edit your documents online from the Alfresco Explorer out of Outlook via Sharepoint
With the efficient and easy-to-use Outlook E-Mail-Manager provided by Westernacher Products & Services AG you can secure the centralized and structured saving and filing of e-mails within the company.
Outlook Plug-In – work directly in your familiar environment
The E-Mail-Manager`s central component is an easy to install Plug-In for the Outlook-Client (as from Outlook 2007). Any register of the central Alfresco repository can be defined as destination for e-mails and will seamlessly fade into the Outlook folder view. By applying the drag-and-drop method the user can move the e-mails into the repository, and in addition to the mail`s automatically extracted chracteristics, further metadata can be added when configured accordingly.
Structured Information Management – flexible configuration
The filing of e-mails and their attachments can be configured comprehensively and according to the register in the Outlook-Plug-In. Apart from the manual registration of additional metadata it is also possible to single out the filling of the text of the email or the attachments, or both. Within the context of saving, content indexation also takes place
Once filed in Alfresco the mails are available for research and administration in a concise mailbox view. This mailbox is characterized by the following features:
- Display of the mail content in text or HTML format
- Access to the original .msg data file for further processing in the Outlook mail-client
- Clear display of all attachments
- Browser display of all attachments in more than 200 file formats (with the Document-Viewer for Alfresco)
- Extensive search and research functions through keywords and full-text indexing
Technical Data / System requirements
- Use the latest web-service technology REST
- Supports Outlook 2007, 2010 (32/64 Bit), 2013 (32/64 Bit / Windows 7
- Supports Alfresco 4.0.d, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 220.127.116.11, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.2c